In the ever-expanding realm of mushroom cultivation, a captivating and enigmatic pursuit exists – the quest to discover the strongest mushroom strain. Motivated by scientific curiosity and a quest for these fungi’s potent properties, enthusiasts and researchers embark on a captivating journey.
With over 200 species of magic (or psilocybin) mushrooms in the world, there are several different potencies. Each has different levels of psilocybin and impacts users. Although they are available in the wild, buying magic mushrooms online is the safest source.
We will first break down the top mushroom species for your understanding and then identify the strongest mushroom strain currently available in the market.
Table of Contents
- Magic Mushroom Species Vs. Strains
- The Top 10 Strongest Magic Mushroom Species
- Strongest Mushroom Strains Readily Available
- Popular Psilocybe Cubensis Strains
- Frequently Asked Questions
Magic Mushroom Species Vs. Strains
A strain is distinct from a species. A species denotes a separate genetic grouping of organisms capable of reproducing together. On the other hand, a strain is a subgrouping that pertains to a specific phenotype or morphology within a species. In simpler terms, all species have unique genetic characteristics. Strains within a species share the same genetic code, yet some genes exhibit greater activity.
To illustrate, let’s consider humans as an example: An individual of African descent (strain or race) can reproduce just as readily as someone of Caucasian descent. They are categorized as different races (strains) but can still reproduce because they belong to the same species (Homo sapiens). This same principle applies to mushrooms.
Strains belonging to different species are unable to crossbreed with each other.
The Top 10 Strongest Magic Mushroom Species
Familiarizing yourself with popular mushroom species is key to understanding what strains are and gauging the potency of each mushroom species.
- Psilocybe azurescens: This one is at the top of the list because it is most likely the world’s most potent mushroom. It grows in the deciduous forests around the Columbia River in the Pacific Northwest. Although 1.8% psilocybin, 0.5% psilocin, and 0.4% baeocystin may not sound like much, it’s quite substantial and certainly one powerful shroom.
- Panaeolus cyanescens: This species is one of the most potent in the world. They’re 5 times stronger than P. cubensis. They are a dung-loving species found all over the world. The combined psilocybin and psilocin content is about 2.95%. A very potent mushroom.
- Psilocybe semilanceata: Considered by many to be the quintessential magic mushroom, its nipple-topped bell-shaped cap gives it its popular name, “liberty cap.” This is the most widespread of the magic mushrooms, growing in 17 countries in northern Europe. Although representing some of the highest levels of psilocybin ever measured, it usually stays at around 0.2% to 2.37% in potency.
- Psilocybe cyanescens: Commonly known as “wavy caps,” it is another potent magic mushroom. They are becoming more widespread due to the increased use of mulch to suppress weed growth. The measurement of all three compounds can reach up to 1.96%.
- Psilocybe bohemica: A central European species, specifically the Czech Republic, Psilocybe bohemica is very similar to Psilocybe serbica. This is a Galerina look-alike and grows in the same region. The dried content of Psilocybe bohemica goes around 0.11% to 1.34%.
- Psilocybe cubensis: This is the most popular and commonly sourced species of magic mushroom because it is the most easily cultivated. It grows across the world in tropical climates. The psilocin is between 0.14% and 0.42%, and the psilocybin is between 0.37% and 1.30%.
- Conocybe cyanopus: This is a lesser-known species and very similar to a few deadly species growing in the same area.
- Psilocybe samuiensis: Another tropical species, this one in Thailand, it grows quite thickly. Its ratios of psilocybin, psilocin, and baeocystin in dried specimens are 0.023 to 0.90%, 0.05% to 0.81%, and 0.01% to 0.05%.
- Psilocybe tampanensis: This species often yields magic truffles. Truffles (or sclerotia) form underground in case of fire. Dried, this mushroom contains up to 1% psilocybin and psilocin.
- Panaeolus camodginiensis: An Asian and Hawaiian strain, it loves to grow in buffalo dung in Cambodia. This is a pretty white and brown mushroom with a long stem. This strain is known to turn very blue very easily (as this indicates the presence of psilocybin, you’ll know you have found it). Its psilocybin is around 0.55%, and its psilocin is around 0.6%. Check out shrooms online for more info.
As seen, the strongest species of magic mushroom is the Psilocybe azurescens. P. azurescens exhibits better resilience to colder winters than most Psilocybe species. However, they face challenges in areas where temperatures drop below freezing for extended periods.
Despite their robust nature, these mushrooms are unavailable at mushroom vendors or spore suppliers due to the difficulty of indoor cultivation. Outdoor cultivation success relies on specific, mushroom-friendly climates.
Strongest Mushroom Strains Readily Available
If you’re in search of potent mushrooms available online, Psilocybe cubensis is the more commonly found species. While it may not be the most potent, it still contains a substantial amount of psilocybin that can provide a meaningful experience even for seasoned psychonauts.
P. cubensis comes in various strains, each with differing potencies, ranging from moderate to exceptionally strong. Some of the most potent strains to explore include Penis Envy, Tidal Wave, Albino Penis Envy, and more.
Popular Psilocybe Cubensis Strains
|Albino Penis Envy||0.93%|
Magic mushrooms, with their diverse varieties and the presence of the hallucinogenic compound psilocybin, hold a special fascination for many. While these mushrooms naturally flourish in the wild, they have become increasingly accessible online, particularly the Psilocybe cubensis variety.
Zoomies Canada is a shrooms online psychedelic store offering a variety of psilocybe cubensis strains. They also provide edibles containing psychedelic compounds such as LSD and psilocybin. You can conveniently shop for high-quality psychedelics from the comfort of your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the effects of magic mushrooms?
These effects vary from person to person and depend on the dosage, individual sensitivity, set and setting (environment and mindset), and the specific mushroom species.
Some common effects of magic mushrooms include:
- Altered Perception
- Euphoria and Mood Enhancement
- Introspection and Insights
- Spiritual or Mystical Experiences:
- Enhanced Creativity
- Time Distortion
- Increased Sensory Awareness
- Physical Sensations
- Impaired Coordination
Why is Psilocybe cubensis the most available magic mushroom online?
Psilocybe cubensis is among the easier magic mushroom species to cultivate. It thrives on a variety of substrates that make it accessible for home growers and cultivators. This species is also known for its ability to adapt to different environmental conditions.
Do magic mushrooms have benefits?
Yes. Research into the therapeutic benefits of magic shrooms has shown promising results. While more research is needed, there is growing evidence that magic mushrooms may have several potential benefits, including
- Treatment of Depression
- Anxiety Reduction
- Enhanced Creativity
- Spiritual and Mystical Experiences
- Addiction Treatment
- Reduction in Existential Distress
- Improved Psychological Well-being
What are the factors that influence the potency of a particular mushroom strain?
The potency of a particular mushroom strain, especially in terms of its psychoactive effects, can be influenced by several factors. Understanding these factors matters for exploring or working with different mushroom strains.
- Species and Strain
- Growing Conditions
- Harvest Timing
- Individual Sensitivity
What does a magic mushroom taste like?
Magic mushrooms have a taste that is earthy, bitter, or slightly nutty. The taste can vary depending on the species and strain of mushrooms. That’s why some shroom users like to make tea or create edibles to mask the taste.
Back to top: Strongest mushroom strain