When it comes to consuming psilocybin mushrooms, the care given to dose and to optimizing your experience can be in the consumption process itself.
It is generally understood that consuming magic mushrooms can be rather distasteful and even nauseating. But you can make it an enjoyable experience with proper thought. If this is new for you, one important thing to remember is to not take too much at once. Correct dosing is important and can be calculated, making it one important part of making sure your consumption is a pleasant experience.
Here are 5 of the best ways to consume magic mushrooms in Canada:
- Chew thoroughly and swallow: The simplest way is simply to eat them. If you chew them thoroughly, you’ll benefit from the juices of the mushroom reaching your bloodstream and, depending on your stomach content, can take effect in 45 minutes. It is a good idea to avoid eating food beforehand. To minimize the unpleasant flavour as much as possible, you could use a truffle grinder. Make sure that the shrooms you eat are clean and clear of cow dung before you pop them in your mouth.
- Mushroom tea: If you’d prefer to mask the taste of the mushrooms a bit, you could brew some shrooms tea. Heat some water but avoid bringing it to a boil. Crush the shrooms into small pieces and add them to the water. It is commonly thought that this degrades the psychoactive psilocybin. You can also add lemon, honey, or sugar to taste. If you let your mixture sit for 10 minutes or so, it is one way to enjoy a pleasant experience.
- Magic mushroom capsules: Another way to dose without distaste is by consuming shroom capsules. It is also a very accurate way to consume. Shroom pills are discrete and an easy way to dose throughout the day. If you are looking for consistency and accuracy, capsules are your best bet. Magic mushroom capsules are an ideal way to microdose. This is a way to enhance creative thinking, increase positivity, and energy levels. You’ll want to keep your amount below 0.5g per capsule and establish what your tolerance level is.
- Magic edibles: Use a magic ingredient in your cooking. You may not only successfully improve your taste experience, but you may also very well alleviate your nausea. With all mushroom recipes, avoid adding your mushrooms while your dish is cooking, the psilocybin will start to break down and lose its psychoactive effects. If you add your mushrooms after the cooking stage or use them in dishes that can be enjoyed cool, or in a desert, you can benefit from the full effect.
- Lemon tek: The concept is that the acidic lemon breaks down the psilocybin, making a fast and easy way to experience an intense trip. Some debate as to the level of intensity, but there is no debating the trip coming on faster. So, we always recommend starting with a conservative amount. The amount may be conservative, but the consumption is rather aggressive. Let your ground-up mushrooms sit in the lemon juice, add a little water, and knock it back.
Enjoy your recipe and your journey, as always, when trying something new, proceed with caution. Ingredients react differently with each other, so pay attention to the dose and what it is you are combining. You can always contact Zoomies, we welcome your questions and your insights.